A person’s height has what is considered a healthy weight and if this weight exceeds the required value, such a person is considered overweight. To calculate this weight, the BMI value is calculated. BMI is the body mass index and it is considered to mutually relate with the body fat. However, it is important to note that BMI is not always accurate as sometimes it can show a person as an overweight when they actually don’t have excess body fat.
For proper maintenance and weight loss measures, it is advisable to highly consider the factors that lead to overweight, love handles and obesity. Some of the factors that are likely to cause obesity include environmental and genetic factors, sedentary lifestyle, pregnancy, hormonal imbalance, certain medication, stress and tension and lack of sleep. When not properly managed, overweight can cause negative effects such as enlarged body parts, joint and back pain, sleeplessness, snoring and other long term problems such as hypertension, high cholesterol levels and heart diseases. Overweight can be managed successfully by eating right and doing body exercises and you can speed the two ways by applying the following home remedies for weight loss.
Natural Home Remedies for Weight Loss
1. Honey and Ginger Juice
This is an excellent and readily available weight loss remedy which has been confirmed to work wonders if taken twice a day. It is easy to make and its ingredients; honey and ginger are readily available. Honey is a crucial ingredient for weight loss. Not only does it genuinely aid to your obesity woes but also helps your body glow. It eliminates the toxins produced by your body and is also an important mean to improve body metabolism. The best part about honey is that it can be consumed alone or along with tea, lemon juice or peppermint. You will need to extract ginger juice and mix two tablespoons of the juice with three tablespoons of honey. By taking this daily, you should note a change in your weight within a month.
2. Bottle Gourd
The bottle gourd is a health benefit in disguise; it has many health benefits but most importantly, it is a powerful home remedy for weight loss. It can be taken as juice or cooked as a vegetable. It is very effective and especially because it is rich in fiber and hence stays in the stomach for long.
Cabbages are rich in tartaric acid which is very effective in promoting conversion of curbs and sugars into fats. Often intake of cabbages work wonders in cutting off excess weight by burning fats in most stubborn areas such as thighs and stomach. Cabbage is also rich in vitamin C, a natural antioxidant; vitamin K, which promotes osteotrophic activities of the bones and other important minerals such as magnesium, manganese, potassium and iron. It also gives you an everlasting youthful and healthy look which is why you should consider incorporating it in your meals.
4. Black pepper, Honey and Lemon
This is another strong combination that effectively helps in burning body fats and giving you a healthy fat free body. In most cases honey and lemon are used and you have probably heard of it and the wonders it does in weight loss. Addition of one table spoon of black pepper in the mixture gives the mixture a better taste and most importantly makes its stronger and effective. Mix one tablespoon of honey, one of black pepper and four of lemon in a glass of lukewarm water and take a glass daily; you should note significant results after a few weeks.
5. Finger Millet
Finger millet or ragi is rich in calcium, protein, fiber and iron among many other minerals which give it several nutritional benefits. In weight loss, ragi is rich in amino acids which are known for their ability to lower appetite and therefore keeping your weight in check. The fiber in ragi also helps you feel full for a long time hence reducing excessive and unnecessary eating. Once you take a finger millet meal, it digests slowly and therefore reduces intake of more calories.
6. Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple Cider Vinegar is a home remedy that has been discovered to have the ability to cure some health related illness as well as in helping to reduce weight naturally from home. The good thing is that the remedy is quite simple to use. All you need to do is mix apple vinegar with water and take a glass daily. Results should be visible within a month.
Lemon is an important ingredient that aids digestion and detoxification of your body. Therefore, lemon juice is deemed as one of the best homemade remedies to lose weight. In order to burn fat and stay healthy it is essential to maintain a healthy digestive track. Besides from helping you lose weight, lemon juice also removes toxins from your body which slows down metabolism.
8. Drink Hot Water
Most people do not take water at all. Their bodies get dehydrated most of the time, making it difficult for them to maintain a healthy life status. Do not go a day without taking water. At least you should make sure you take up to 6 glasses of water on a daily basis, usually this is the recommended amount. If you like drinking cold water, then you should consider replacing it with hot water as it works wonders in weight loss. Hot water is known to clear fats from the blood vessels hence keeping your weight in check.
Parsley is another effective weight loss remedy. It is good for detoxifying the kidneys as well as making you feel full for a long time therefore helping avoid excessive calories intake.
10. Curry Leaves
Eating 10 Curry leaves daily for a period of 3-4 months can result in warding off obesity and diabetes. Curry leaves works as one of the best homemade remedies to lose weight owing to the Maha nimbine, an alkaloid rich in anti-obesity and lipid-lowering effects which in turn reduces triglyceride levels.
For people looking to lose weight it advisable to eat raw tomatoes without peeling it off. Tomatoes contain hormone altering compounds that take into account your appetite. After eating tomatoes you feel fuller for most the time and hence, your diet is keep under strict scrutiny so as to help to avoid unnecessary meals or snacks that add to overweight.
Researches in Canada yielded that Grapefruit works exceptionally to reduce some extra weight that you are currently carrying. It is a vital source of Naringenin which aims at balancing blood sugar levels in your body. Moreover, grapefruit makes your liver burn excessive fat rather than storing it.
Dos and Don’ts during Weight Loss
- You should quit smoking. This will improve your overall health even as you continue the process of shedding off unwanted pounds.
- Eat healthy foods. If you are used to those crazy junk that taste flowery on the mouth, try to quit. There is no better way to lose weight than living on a healthy diet.
- Remember to stock your kitchen only with healthy foods from the grocery.
- You should always be physically active. You can run in the morning, walk in the evening, take stairs during the day, or get involved in any other task that keeps the body moving at least for some hours.
- Take foods high in fiber
- Stay away from advertised weight loss pills. Do not merely believe in fake overnight weight loss promises that will never yield any results. Herbal and natural products effectively work for losing weight like Epsom salt bath.
- Understand that losing weight and being fit again takes time, requires patience and effort.
- Do take enough water for the day.
- Focus on losing weight and never gaining it back.
- Hire the service of a professional personal trainer if you feel you need one.
- Never starve yourself. Starvation means loss of muscles, which denies the body the ability to burn more calories.
- Do not become so obsessed with your television. The many hours spent on screen only means your body is completely inactive hence at the verge of gaining even more weight.
- Never skip breakfast. If you are used to skipping it, start taking the meal. It is the single most valuable meal the body needs to jumpstart the day.
- Stay away from unhealthy snacks. If you have to eat these, go only for healthy ones.
- Forget about fast food restaurants for now. Such habits have to change if you are serious about losing weight.