Nature has its own way of presenting itself but this not necessarily what may be appealing to human eyes. While hair grows in different areas, it is in most cases harmless unless otherwise. Even then, such hair may become more of disgust if it extends its territory to your facial region. You can maneuver your way to smoothness via various means, chemicals, shavers and natural remedies.
Of all these, the last technique carries the day majorly because of its simplicity and its lack of any notable after effects. If you need a smooth face without having to do many chemicals, try these top ten chemical free home remedies for removing facial hair.
Home Remedies for Unwanted Facial Hair Removal
Yes, you have heard that it is nutritious. You have heard that it is medicinal. Now it is time you know it is cosmetic as well. A combination of oatmeal, lemon juice and honey is all you need for this technique.
- Take five drops of bitter lemon juice, after peeling and squeezing it out.
- Add to a cup them mix with a single teaspoon of honey.
- Add half teaspoon of oatmeal then mix until you achieve a fine paste.
- Apply the paste on your face and let it stay for ten to fifteen minutes.
- Rub gently, preferably in the direction of hair growth then rinse with plenty of clean water.
- However, if you find the paste too good, you can as well apply in the evening and go to bed!
2. Wheat Bran
The notion I am getting here is that natural products offer a high power weapon both in medical and cosmetic fields. While wheat bran appears in a number of cosmetic products, getting it raw will offer a better chance to experience its full effect.
- Put one teaspoon of milk in a cup.
- Add two teaspoon of wheat bran them top up with one spoonful of rosewater.
- Mix to form a uniform composition then apply on your face, gently rubbing to your skin in a circular motion until it dries and falls off.
- Rinse with clean water.
It is advisable you start with this plan on a daily basis for the first one or two weeks, then slowly gradually as the hair wears off.
You may have had of the Indian nettle before, but you do not know that it is a useful spanner in your cosmetic toolbox. While one may choose to use Indian nettle and turmeric separately for the same purpose, combining the two is even a more effective for quicker and even better results.
- Wash five leaves of nettle or more then crush to form a fine paste.
- Add in one teaspoon of turmeric and mix before smearing on your face.
- Allow it to sit for several hours before you wash it off.
For this reason, this is an effective remedy if you apply it at bedtime so it sits on your face for a longer period.
4. Black Cohosh Herb
This is one of the most effective herbal treatments when you want to halt the advancing facial hairs. It works miraculously by slowing down the growth of hair then withering it off over time.
- Heat one and half cups of water to boil then add a spoon of the herb.
- Simmer the mixture for twenty to thirty minutes then strain and add two spoons of honey.
- Drink the mixture, preferably three times each day for the first five weeks.
5. Sugar Wax
This method is not only easy but also effective. However, it only works with those having a commitment to follow it through without failure.
- Mix two teaspoonful of water with an equal amount of water.
- Add two spoonful of sugar to the mixture then mix them thoroughly.
- Heat the mixture for a minute or two until it bubbles then allow it cool.
- Using a spatula, apply the paste at the specific points of growth, then using a clean cloth rub it in the direction of hair growth at each point.
- Wait for a minute then rub it in the opposite direction before rinsing with plenty of clean water.
Developed in Egypt several centuries ago, this technique is a combination of herbal treatment and physical removal of hair. It gets rid of the hair growing while inhibiting any future growths.
- Heat a quarter cup of water until it boils.
- Add two teaspoons of sugar and an equal amount of lemon juice.
- Heat again until the mixture releases bubbles. Reduce the heat to allow it simmer for half an hour. This will make it turn the color to dark.
- Prepare your skin by dusting baby powder on it then apply then lukewarm paste at the points of hair growths.
- Cover the strands of hair at the points of application. Let it rest for a few seconds then pull the hair off in the direction of growth.
7. Spearmint Tea
This is a drink of nutritional value and yet it brings you immense benefits when you want to regulate facial hair growths.
- Boil one cup of clean water then add a spoonful of spearmint tea powder to it, or alternatively grounded leaves of the same herb.
- Cover it with a clean plate and allow it to rest for five minutes. Strain the mixture and drink it twice a day.
8. Honey and Lemon Juice
Lemon juice is a good natural bleacher, while honey brings in the necessary stickiness that helps lift off the fine hair from your face. In this mixture, lemon will act as an exfoliating agent, slowly eating away the hair off your face while honey makes the process even faster by hydrating the hair strands.
- Mix a tablespoonful of lemon juice with three to five spoons of honey.
- Mix and apply the paste on your face.
- Let it stay for half an hour. Slowly remove the mask using a washcloth.
9. Chickpea Flour (Gram Flour)
This flour allows you to exfoliate your skin, remove dead cells and hair and lighten your skin and hair color all at the same time.
- Take two teaspoons of chickpea flour then add in two teaspoons of milk.
- Add a similar quantity of turmeric and cream.
- Apply the resulting paste gently into the skin of your face then allow it to stay for thirty minutes.
- Use a soft cloth immersed in warm water to scrub it off thereafter.
10. Egg Paste
This is a cheap technique when you are looking for home remedies to use right in your kitchen.
- Take two eggs and extract the egg white, place it in a cup or a bowel.
- Add two spoonful of sugar and one spoonful of corn flour.
- Beat to make a uniform mixture and apply on your face, wait for it to dry then pull off.
- Always exfoliate and moisturize yourself. Doing the exfoliation and moisturizing on a regular basis will help to prevent those in grown hairs.
- Use a scrub, bath pouf or even a washcloth when exfoliating the skin.
- Always clean your skin before you apply the suggested home remedies.
- You should use baby powder on the skin before you start removing hair. This will help to remove excess moisture from the skin.
- Laser hair treatment is an option you can consider if you are okay with it. Just schedule an appointment with your doctor and get this done.
- Use the suggested home remedies regularly. The only way to get the results that you expect is to be consistent with the treatment until you are sure you have the results that you have always wanted.
- Do take home remedies if you cannot afford laser treatment.
- Do read customer reviews online to see product best worked for them if you are planning to buy hair removal creams.
- Never wax hair that is too short or one that is too long. You can use safe pair of scissors to trim long hair and wax only that is not below ¼ inch.
- Never expose yourself to the sun after treatment. It would be great if you had sunscreens on if you must be out there in the sun.
- Never attempt to pluck the hair. Just be patient and let the remedy do the work for you.
- Never make the mistake of bleaching or waxing your hair and skin.
- Do not attempt using razors on the hair. You could hurt your skin by accident or worse cut yourself and start bleeding.
- Do not purchase any hair removal treatment before consulting your dermatologist.